The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

A letter: One year after following AK's "recommendations".

Sunday, March 15, 2015

There are lessons to be learnt in this email to AK. What are they?

Dear Mr. AK,

I am 41 years old and I am new to investing in stocks. I started last year only.

There is a lot to learn but I really want to put my savings to work. The interest from the banks is too little. I am not greedy. I only want more than what the banks give. So, a colleague told me to read your blog. He said you make a lot of money from stocks.

Maybe, I am lucky. I read an article you wrote about investing money for your father. You listed 5 stocks. So, I took some of my savings and just bought those 5 stocks you recommended. 


It is now almost one year and I am very happy I followed you. I have 10 lots of Sabana Reit, 15 lots of Neratel, 10 lots of Croesus, 3 lots of SPH and 30 lots of Hock Lian Seng. I received $3,427 so far in dividends and I know there will be more very soon. I put in about $51K in total and in one year, I got 6.7% back!

Sabana and Neratel prices have dropped. I know you don't like Sabana now. I think I want to buy more Neratel. SPH price no change. Croesus price up. Hock Lian Seng price up a lot! In total, my investments value up 4.1%. I am happy about this too.


Thank you for helping me start. Although you might not know it, you are helping many beginners like me. I will tell more people about your blog. So, please keep blogging.

Sincerely,
AH






Dear AH,

Welcome to my blog. :)

Thank you very much for letting me know. However, I want to say that all the credit is yours and yours alone. You made the decision to buy and in the proportions that you did. More importantly, you made the decision to invest for income and not to leave all your money in a savings account. 

I didn't do anything and I definitely did not recommend anything. I was just talking to myself.

I hope you will learn much more on your journey as an investor and, as you do, please feel free to share with us your findings. I definitely do not know everything there is to know and look forward to hearing from you again in future.


Best wishes,
AK

Related posts:
1. Helping our parents invest their money.
2. Listen to AK and create Dividend Machines.

4 comments:

Lizardo said...

Hope he did his own research. Things could have gone the other way and turned ugly.

AK71 said...

Hi Lizardo,

Definitely, I hope that he makes good progress in gaining knowledge and the right mindset as an investor over time. :)

Steven said...

Hope he dont use a bowling ball like AK did...

AK71 said...

Hi Steven,

Well said. Point taken. ;p

Actually, using a bowling ball is not too bad if we get Strikes and Spares most of the time. I think my bowling ball has an affinity for the gutter. -.-"


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award