The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Save money and have a good dinner for $1.75?

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

It has been quite a while since I shared photos showing how I prepare my meals.

Regular readers know that such sharing sometimes invite rather big reactions from people, both positive and negative, but I guess that is what makes society interesting, isn't it? Diversity!

As long as we are all civil about it, I think it is definitely OK to disagree.

Anyway, what did I have for dinner this evening?

Chop up some fresh cucumber.

Shred up some ham.

Add a small can of baked beans and mix it up.
(Wouldn't be complete without baked beans, would it?)

A cup of hot green tea.

An orange for vitamin C and fibre.

Cost of the main course: about $1.00.

Cost of drink: about $0.15.

Cost of orange: about $0.60.

Total cost of dinner: about $1.75.

Related posts:
1. Be $48,000 to $60,000 richer in a decade.
2. Have a free lunch with Roy Ngerng.
3. Yummy yum yum (60c) breakfast.
4. Have restaurant quality ramen at home.
5. Prepare a healthy, low cost meal.

10 comments:

EY said...

Hi AK,

Consider selling rojak as 2nd career? LOL~

Steven said...

Hi AK,

The food cost is very appealing.

But, do you feel full with that "salad plus baked beans" main course? Wouldn't you feel hungry? It seems you will need a supper afterwards?


Best Regards,
Steven

AK71 said...

Hi Endrene,

If not for the sky high stall rentals, actually, I don't mind. Can consider. LOL. ;p

AK71 said...

Hi Steven,

At 11+pm, stomach growled a bit. I brushed my teeth and went to bed. LOL. ;p

owq said...

Can consider adding an egg too. It will make you feel full for longer. :)

AK71 said...

Hi owq,

I love eggs but I have been avoiding eggs for some time now. They give me a lot of gas and it's the really smelly until can kill type of gas. -.-"

Anonymous said...

Hi AK,

Excellent meal!

Nice and wholesome.

Just one bit I might re-consider is the ham.

Given the processing the meat underwent, it may be healthier to replace it with some chilled meat from the supermarket instead.

Preserved meat like ham contain certain preservatives which I'm told should be consumed in moderation.

Other than that it's healthier than more than 1/2 the meals I take! :)

Tree

AK71 said...

Hi Tree,

I have cut down on ham and sausages quite a bit. I am more into turkey and tuna these days. ;p

Thanks for the reminder. :)

mrtamjiak said...

ah ha! baked beans again! :p

Raymond Liu said...

Working in a healthcare sector, my only advice is not to be stingy in spending money on healthy food.

The money you save from here would only transfer to the doctor pocket in long run.

I alway say to this my patients, "When there is health, there is wealth. There is no point holding so much wealth when there is no health.

How would you feel when you are you are in ICU bed looking at your stocks/bank book?"


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award